General Assembly Bootcamp: The Complete Review
The General Assembly bootcamp is a three-month programming boot camp that takes you from zero to an employed developer. You’ll learn the basics of programming and web development, take on real-world projects, build your portfolio, network with other professionals in tech and earn an industry-recognized certificationâall while getting paid as much as $100k per year!
So, if you’re looking for a job in software development or web design, or if you want to get into the tech industry but don’t know where to start… this is it.
What are the different types of bootcamps that GA offers?Â
Free code camp is a free alternative to GA bootcamp that takes longer to complete and doesn’t have the same level of support, but it does have a good community (and you can also get paid tutoring jobs through them). It’s worth checking out if you’re unsure whether you want to pay for a bootcamp.
Another option is Fullstack Academy in NYC which costs $17k total but has full-time instructors available all day long, so it’s more like a private school than online learning with other students from around the world who may or may not be motivated… it’s up to your instructor!
The General Assembly Bootcamp will teach you everything you need to know about running your own business, including:
- How to build a profitable business from scratch (with no money)
- How to get the right team and investors
- How to use the right software and technology
- How to find your first customers and grow your business rapidly
- How to scale your business as fast as possible without burning out
The General Assembly Bootcamp is an immersive training program designed to help you become an expert in digital marketing. During this program, you will learn how to build a sustainable and profitable brand from scratch.
What are the programs offered at General Assembly?
General Assembly offers different courses that a student can select:
- On-demand courses:Â In this course, the students study at their speed. One advantage of this type of learning is that it is affordable. A student is required to pay $950, and they will learn the following tech fundamentals:
- Data analysis: This is an online self-study course you can take at any time.Â
- Digital marketing: In this part, you’ll learn how to create a successful digital strategy for your business or organization. You’ll learn how to use your website to promote your brand and drive traffic back to it, create content that gets results, and much more! The Bootcamp includes both classroom learning (lectures) and hands-on activities (practical).
- UX Design: This course targets self-employed designers as it helps build their skillset. The course covers user research and visual design.
- Data Science:Â This course covers data analysis, statistical modeling, and machine learning. A student also has an opportunity to work on their portfolio. A student can study part-time or full-time and has the option of choosing online or in-person learning. It is suitable for a beginner or someone who knows the subject area.Â
- Project Management:Â This course is suitable for students who are just beginning to code or those with experience. It is available virtually and also in person on a part-time basis.Â Â
- Software Engineering:Â This course targets people who want to be software engineers. They will learn front-end development, full-stack development, and APIs and frameworks. You can do it full-time or in-person, part-time or full-time.Â
- User Experience Design:Â This course can be studied alongside the visual design course. The student can study part-time or full-time, and they will learn about UX/UI design research and theories. At the end of the course, the student will have built their profile and portfolio.Â Â
How much does General Assembly Bootcamp cost?
The General Assembly Bootcamp costs $4,000 to $7,000, depending on your location. They have financing options available and also have payment plans.Â
- On-demand course – $950
- Part-time courses are between $2,800 and 14,950. (If you opt for online classes, the cost will be lower).
- Full-time â 15,950.
There are other ways to reduce your costs:
- If you can’t afford the full price, talk to someone at GA about applying for a scholarship. They may be able to help by providing partial funding or even covering all of your tuition costs if you need more convincing that this is the right program for you!
- Explore other avenues of financial support like getting a sponsor or taking out a loan – but make sure that whatever option you choose will allow you to pay off what was borrowed after graduation!
You will have instructors guiding you through the whole process who are experienced and very knowledgeable.
- The instructors are industry professionals.
- They are available to help you as you work through the course.
- They will help you with any problems you are having.
- They will help you with your assignments.
- They will help you with your projects.
What are the payment plans at General Assembly?
One thing that hinders career growth is finances. General Assembly has several payment plans that make it manageable and affordable for students. Below are the options:Â
Income Share Agreement (ISA):Â A student goes through the course and defers the tuition fee until they get a job paying $40,000 and above. This funding is available for immersive courses only and US citizens.
Loans:Â GA has partnered with top lending companies to give loans to students. Once the loan has been approved for qualified candidates, it will have a zero interest rate for 18 months. This applies to part-time programs and 24 months for immersive programs.Â
Installment:Â These plan payments are split into installments over the length of the program. This option is available in all programs.Â
GI BillÂ® Benefit:Â General Assembly assists veterans in using their GI Bill to further their studies on some campuses in the US.
Employer Sponsorship:Â If your organization has a budget for professional development, you can check if you qualify to study, and your employer will reimburse your tuition fee.Â
Upfront Tuition Payment:Â To encourage students to pay their full tuition fee upfront, GA offers a discount of $450 for each program. A $250 discount is provided for any part-time or one-week course.Â
Does General Assembly offer any scholarships?
Yes. GA offers social impact curriculums and discounts to help underrepresented people.Â
Is There Any Job Guarantee After General Assembly?
GA does not offer any job guarantee after the bootcamp. However, they have a high placement rate after bootcamp completion (86 to 92%).
What are the pros and cons of the General Assembly bootcamp?
– Flexibility. The on-demand courses allow a person to study when it is convenient for them.Â
– The curriculum is updated frequently by an in-house team.
– Compared to other bootcamps, GA’s tuition fee is high.Â
General Assembly’s Application process
– A candidate applies to their website.
– An admission representative is selected to reach out to an applicant and determine their goals.Â
– The admission representative will outline what you will achieve after the course.
– The applicant will finally be able to pay a deposit to secure a spot in the course.
General Assembly Bootcamp Acceptance Rate
GA reports that about 60 to 70% of applicants succeed in their interview process. The admissions board helps the students set up and get ready for class and guides them when they are job searching.Â Â
What will General Assembly Bootcamp teach me?
- Build a website in less than 24 hours using HTML & CSS
- Create an e-commerce site in less than 24 hours using Shopify & WooCommerce
- Sell products on Amazon without any listings or selling fees and make money
Where is General Assembly located?
General Assembly has many North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia campuses. The following are General Assembly locations:
- – General Assembly Atlanta
- – General Assembly Austin
- – General Assembly Boston
- – General Assembly Buffalo
- – General Assembly Charlotte
- – General Assembly Chicago
- – General Assembly Dallas
- – General Assembly Denver
- – General Assembly Detroit
- – General Assembly Houston
- – General Assembly Los Angeles
- – General Assembly Louisville
- – General Assembly Miami
- – General Assembly Minneapolis
- – General Assembly Nashville
- – General Assembly New York City
- – General Assembly Orlando
- – General Assembly Phoenix
- – General Assembly Raleigh
- – General Assembly Salt Lake City
- – General Assembly San Francisco
- – General Assembly San Diego
- – General Assembly Seattle
- – General Assembly St Louis
- – General Assembly Tampa
- – General Assembly Washington DC.
- – General Assembly Toronto
- – General Assembly Edinburgh
- – General Assembly London
- – General Assembly Manchester
- – General Assembly Paris
- – General Assembly Adelaide
- – General Assembly Brisbane
- – General Assembly Melbourne
- – General Assembly Sydney
- – General Assembly Singapore
- – General Assembly Online
The General Assembly bootcamp is a great way to get into coding. It’s intense but rewarding, and you’ll have access to job preparation and career coaching after it’s all over. If you are looking for a career change, consider this course – but be prepared for long hours, stress, and hard work!
Read more +